Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sushi, Anyone?


Recently, my brother, John, introduced me to sushi. I always had this 'omg it is raw fish' thing in my head, convinced that it would taste nasty. That it would be slimy and just plain gross. Well, I have to admit that my younger brother was more than right, the sushi was firm and flavorful. I enjoyed it so much that I posted a restaurant review and got a bit teased for it! After all, I surely wasn't an expert after only eating it once!

Even though I'm a newbie to the world of sushi, I have to say that I've always been just blown away by Midohana's Bento Boxes. Shown above is just one of her cute, resuable bento boxes filled with sushi. Oh, but this isn't the type of sushi that you eat. This is the type of sushi that you wash with! Yup, that's right, you're looking at one of the most artistic and clever ideas I've seen in a long time: Sushi soap!

I asked Elsie how she came up with the idea. Even over the sterile environment of email, her answer was clear. She loves sushi. It's her favorite food and so naturally, she thought of taking her two passions--sushi and soap--and combining them for all of us!

A SAHM (stay at home mom for those of you not quite as internet savvy as moi), she likes the ability to be creative and explore her talent while still being available for her family. I like win/win situations. Or rather, win/win/win. Cause Elsie can stay home (win). She can explore her creative side (win). And we get the results (BIG WIN!).

I've been enthralled by Midohana (www.midohana.etsy.com) for a long time. We're part of the same Etsy 'street team' (a collection of folks who work to promote each others' product) called the Soaper Stars. She's posted pictures of her beautiful soap and I have always known that if I ever open another store, having her bento boxes in inventory would be a must (psst, haven't talked to her about it, so keep it on the down low, ok?)

So, if you're like me and are looking for a way cool gift (I finally have something for the 'brother who has everything' John. And John, if you are reading this, completely forget about it, dude...cause you're getting one for your birthday...or Christmas next), you cannot go wrong with these boxes. Available as shown, or in other colors or combinations, anyone who gets one of these will be thrilled.

Did I mention that the 'ginger' and 'wasabi' are soap, too? OMG.....

The genuine bento box is reusable, of course. So two gifts for one price! Just $17.50 (and I am not sure if that is in US $ or Canadian $ but no matter, it is a reasonably priced gift), get two. Because I'm positive you won't wanna give it up when you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment